Your home is beautiful in the day time’s natural light, so why not enhance the beauty of your gardens in the dark as well? Enhance your curb appeal instantly with a wide variety of safe, energy efficient, beautiful landscape lighting options.
Landscape lighting enhances the visual impact of your home and garden, welcoming guests, and showcasing your home in the neighbourhood. A well designed and carefully executed plan, complimenting your indoor style, gives your exterior the perfect touch needed to complete your home.
By leaving it to the professionals, it entices you to spend more time outdoors in a fun, well-lit and visually compelling space. Whether you are lighting a pathway, accentuating certain plants, showcasing a water feature, or illuminating an exterior wall, professional landscape lighting will go beyond your expectations.
‘The secret to life is to put yourself in the right lighting. – Susan Cain‘
What are the Objectives of Landscape Lighting?
- Security – Security from theft is a primary concern for all homeowners. Instead of using high voltage flood lights to deter outsiders, we believe a better choice is strategically placed low voltage lights that provide low levels of illumination evenly around the property, eliminating the risk of trespassers all together.
- Safety – Low voltage lighting is an ideal choice for illuminating walkways and steps. This ensures
both you and your visitors can safely reach the destination, avoiding otherwise unseen obstacles.
- Usability – Illuminating pathways and access areas of your home allow your family peace of mind when leaving your home at night or in the early morning. Brightening your home’s exterior also allows you to spot creatures such as raccoons and skunks.
- Beauty – When lighting is designed properly, it can highlight features of your home and yard, while maintaining a cohesive scene. You can showcase a water feature in the backyard or your award winning bushes in the front.
What Landscape Lighting Techniques are used?
These are used to create interesting shadows on walls. Visual interest is achieved by casting light onto an object or plant in front of a wall or structure.
Some lighting techniques used include:
Lighting facing upwards showcasing textured walls or certain features on the building’s exterior.
Moon Lighting & Down Lighting
Lighting facing the ground creating unique shadows and illuminating areas that may be unnoticed in the night.
Exterior lighting that shines more than one light on an area or object to eliminate shadowing, showcasing the entire section.
Niche & Deck Lighting
Lighting that gives you an amazing atmosphere when you are enjoying a nice summer’s eve outside with friends and family.
Creating an illuminated pathway, providing safety and beauty to your property.
Path & Area Lighting
Providing visibility and welcoming your guests as they arrive at their destination.
Projecting light behind an object to reveal its unique shadow on a wall.
Each technique creates a different look for your landscaping. You can use one technique or choose a few options to really showcase your home.
LED Lighting – Why is LED better?
Lighting technology has never been so advanced. With extreme brightness and high efficiency, lighting looks great, lasts longer and has virtually no heat. LED Lighting can do more, be in more places and impress your family and your guests.
LED lighting options are safer for your plants, family, and pets due to lack of heat that omits from them!
Benefits of LED Lighting include but are not limited to:
- Efficiency – LEDs are the ultimate is energy efficient lighting, consuming up to 90% less power that incandescent. Although LEDs may cost a little more up front, overtime it saves you money on your electricity bill.
- Longevity – With a lifespan of up to 60,000 hours, and LED light can last your 7 years of constant use. Imagine lighting your yard for 8 hours a day, every day. You wouldn’t need to replace the bulbs for about 17 years!
- Durability – LEDs don’t use fragile components such as filaments or glass, so they are able to withstand vibration and extreme temperatures.
- Safety – With virtually no heat, LEDs are safe for your most delicate plants.
- Environment – LEDs are created from a non toxic material, making them ‘green’ and recyclable.
- Colour – LEDs are able to create millions of colour options, turning your yard into whatever you envision.
Landscape lighting can enhance your property instantly with its design and beauty. You can try to DIY landscape lighting… but for that high end look and quality installation, choose a professional who has been trained in the field.
If you have questions about Landscape Lighting or about anything you have read here, please contact us today and we will be more than happy to chat!